Wednesday, September 21, 2011

5 Style & Beauty Lessons You Can Learn From Nicole Richie

Credit: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com; Donato Sardella/WireImage.com; Michael Buckner/WireImage.com


Nicole Richie has come a long way from being Paris Hilton's bad girl BFF. These days, the mother-of-two is best known for her signature boho-chic style. In addition to designing for her House of Harlow accessories collection and Winter Kate clothing line, her sartorial sense recently earned her a spot as a judge on the upcoming NBC reality series, Fashion Star. In honor of Richie's 30th birthday, here are the top five ways to emulate her look.

1. Go for comfort and style. Though she always looks put-together, Richie insists it's more about feeling good than keeping up with the trends. "Comfort takes precedence for me," she has said. "All the shoes I design have a cushion and a platform."
2. Stock up on shades. The star has admitted to owning more than 200 pairs of sunglasses. "But in my defense," she told Teen Vogue, "I make sunglasses, so I have to research-shop, and I own every pair I've ever designed." The designer views sunglasses as "fun masks to accessorize your face."
3. Build on the basics. When she's not wearing a killer gown on the red carpet, Richie's go-to outfit is jeans and a tee, "But you change the look with accessories," she shares. "And by accessories, I mean sunglasses, head scarves, shoes and bed jackets."
4. Experiment with your hair. When Richie debuted a dark brown color in December 2009, she told Us Weekly she did it because she was "ready for a change." "I change my hair color all the time, and I hadn't done it in a few years," she said. "With the babies, I just really hadn't had time. I'm so used to having that change all the time, and I hadn't done it in about two years, so I was just ready and sick of being blonde!"

5. Buy vintage pieces. "I collect a lot of vintage kimonos and vintage bed jackets," she has said. "I'll throw those on, and a lot of the time it will appear that I'm wearing a completely different outfit, but I’m not."


No comments:

Post a Comment